Thursday 15 November 2012

A Fawlty Towers T-shirt

One of the best scenes of the best comedy shows that ever lived has finally got a tribute. Check out this Fawlty Towers (or should that be Fatty Owls or Flowery Twats) t-shirt, inspired by a talking moose head, what could be better:


http://nerdtshirtsuk.com/i-can-speak-english-i-learn-it-from-a-book-t-shirt

Manuel: [practicing his English while cleaning behind and beneath the front desk] How are you, sir? You see, I speak English well. I learn it from a book... Hello... I am English... Helloooo...
[Manuel continues as Major walks into the room]
Manuel: [unseen] How are you, sir?... I can speak English.
[Major looks at the moose head on the desk, thinking it's talking to him, and turns away astonished]
Manuel: [popping up for a moment and spotting the major] Ah, hello, Major. How are you today?
[Manuel returns beneath the front desk]
Major Gowen: [Major turns to look nervously at the moose head, not spotting Manuel] Well, buh, buh, buh, I-I-I'm fine, thank you.
Manuel: [back to reciting is lessons] Is a beautiful day today.
Major Gowen: Is it? Oh-oh-oh, yes, yes, I suppose it is.
Manuel: Yes, I can speak English... I learn it from a book.
Major Gowen: Did you? Did you really?

No comments:

Post a Comment